Free For Schools
Onsite Reading, Treasure Hunt Game, & Candy Craft
Chris Harden, author and illustrator of Stanley & the Candy Cane Wormhole will visit your preschool or elementary classroom and read this modern, inclusive twist on Christmas that families are raving about! Chris visits Orlando Metro area schools. If you can't have Chris visit, read on! You can play a video of his reading below and download a free copy of "Find Stanley for Schools!"
Value for Your Students
- Stem and Family Values: Stanley triggers an experimental wormhole, sending gifts from Santa’s bag around the world. He jumps int the wormhole and works with two Science Elves to get all the gifts back in time for Christmas. He goes undersea, rides a roller coaster, escapes a volcano, & even lands on Mars!
- Inclusion: Stanley's book is designed with Inclusion as a given.
- MESH and Family Values: To get each of the lost gifts, Stanley uses a family value, like patience and helpfulness to retrieve a gift.
- Read all about the book here!
Chris will also bring your classroom a box of fully packaged, off-the-shelf candy supplies and plates that your kiddos can use to build their own Candy Cane Wormholes! Stanley uses these to find your home and deliver gifts for Santa. No chimneys needed!
Chris will leave with you:
- A copy of the book for your class library
- Enough candy supplies for your classroom plus a little extra.
- A copy of "Find Stanley for Schools!", a free print and play version of the game for teachers to use in their classes. Read more about it below.
- Teachers can schedule time at their convenience to build the wormholes and/or do the classroom treasure hunt.
What Candy Cane Wormholes Look Like:
The Instructions Page:
Box of Supplies:
Find Stanley for Schools
Teachers, with this printable game, you can build a treasure hunt tailored to your classroom that leads to an early Christmas gift! Download here.
Play the Recording!
Since Chris can't come to all schools, Teachers can play this full reading by him to your classroom, complete with a soundtrack and campy voice sound effects, so your students can enjoy the spirit of the story. After playing the recording, you can play the treasure hunt game above!
Sign Up, Provide Game Feedback, or Ask Questions
The form below is great for scheduling a reading by Chris at your school, giving feedback on the "Find Stanley for Schools" game, or just to ask questions.